Oak Hill Country Club offers members one of the finest experiences of any country club in the United States offering a welcoming environment, excellent food and an abundance of social activities to enjoy other's companionship and the company of family and guests. In addition, the staff at Oak Hill is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and service-oriented. They take pride in their work earning and receiving the respect of the members.
We appreciate your interest in Membership. In keeping with traditions of a private club, membership at Oak Hill is by member referral only. A candidate for membership must be sponsored by three Senior members or two Seniors and one Junior member of the Club. The sponsors serve as liaisons between the Club and potential member. Traditionally, it is through the sponsoring members that a candidate learns about the Club's amenities, traditions and fees. Oak Hill offers various types of Membership in which the initiation amount is based on what age you are. Please have one of your three sponsors reach out to Oak Hill's Membership & Communications Manager to obtain a membership packet for you to review.
- Founded in 1901
- Originally a 9-hole layout on 85 acres along the banks of the Genesee River
- Completed its move to its current home, a 355-acre plot in Pittsford, in 1926
- Oak Hill member and retired physician, John R. Williams, collected acorns from Europe and England to cultivate and plant at Oak Hill
- East and West Courses were built by world-famous architect, Donald Ross
- Only Club to have hosted all six possible PGA and U.S.G.A men’s major championships including two U.S. Amateur Championships, three U.S. Open Championships, three PGA Championships, one U.S. Senior Open, the Ryder Cup, and two Senior PGA Championship
- Future site of the 2023 PGA Championship
- Golf season begins in late April and runs through mid September with many men’s, women's, and couples tournaments and events
- Oak Hill Golf Shop is ranked as a Top 100 Golf Shop by the Association of Golf Merchandise
- Club storage, cleaning, and other services are available
- Golf Lessons are available and taught by our professional teaching staff
Oak Hill members have full access to Oak Hill’s 72,000 square foot Clubhouse. The Clubhouse includes ten rooms available for private events, either social or professional. The Grill Room is a 200 person casual dining restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating.
Other amenities include:
- Heated, 25-yard, lap pool with a Pool Café offering small dishes and refreshments
- Fitness Center complete with cardio machines, power plate, strength conditioning circuit, dumbbells, and more
- 8-lane Bowling Alley offering both men’s and women’s leagues and is available for private events
- Four Har-Tru Tennis Courts that are lighted for evening play
- New for 2019, a seasonal Pickelball court was installed.
- Two, heated and lighted, Platform Tennis Courts available for members as well as various leagues, tournament events, and private parties
- Rental Tennis and Platform Tennis equipment available
- Extensive schedule of social events including, but not limited to; wine dinners, Summer and November Smokers, Summer Sizzler, and Christmas Ball, as well as traditional events such as Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Fourth of July Picnic, Halloween at the Hill, and Breakfast with Santa
- Wide range of family-friendly events including; Taco Tuesday and other themed dinners, Family Fun Nights at the Club in the winter, and Family Fun Nights at the Pool in the summer
- Our Women's Association offers two types of memberships; a Sports and a Social. Events include themed invitationals for 9-Hole and 18-Hole golfers under the Sports membership and Garden Tours under the Social membership.
- Junior Programs available for children and grandchildren including, but not limited to; Kids Summer Camp, a Swimming and Diving Team, and Oak Hill's Junior Golf Academy